Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lessons From an Old Wise Married Woman

We're hitched!


I've been married a whole five days now. Since with marriage invariably comes infinite wisdom and knowledge, I thought I would pass on some of my new-found sagacity to you, my dear readership. Here we go.

1.  If you have a dryer that dries clothes, DON'T TAKE IT FOR GRANTED! I repent of my previous, ungrateful clothes-drying ways! I have done SO much laundry since getting to Des Moines and have WAY too much still to do. Sadly, the dryers only get things about 75% dry. It looked like snow had fallen in our apartment yesterday because every available piece of furniture had sheets spread over it to dry. Welcome to my laundry life for the next 1.5 years.

2. Tennis balls aren't just for playing tennis! I bought some to put in the dryer with the clothes, since somewhere in the back of my mind I remembered reading that this breaks up the clothes so they dry faster. With the tennis balls, my wash comes out 85%-90% dry! Hooray!

3. Hot chocolate in bed may sound romantic, but it's actually just a recipe for burns, messes, more laundry. Don't do it.

4. Men are like children. To keep them happy, you need to:
4a. Buy them toys:

4b. Give them video games:





Overall, life is good. Stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

  1. How neat that they took a video in your photobooth! So cute! ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so wise! (And very beautiful in your wedding picture!) I especially love #3. Very true. :)

    ReplyDelete